Create beautiful, striking and insightful business charts & dashboards with this one-day masterclass. Use powerful Excel features like slicers, maps, forecasting, formulas, and tables to enhance your regular business charts. Understand the process for making executive dashboards to tell a complete story in one picture.
In this one-day masterclass, you will learn how to make complex, interactive and intuitive business charts & dashboards.
- Aimed at: Intermediate to Advanced users
- Software used: Excel 2016 / Excel 365
- Type of class: Lab + hands-on. Delegates are expected to bring their computers and follow along.
- Material: Soft copies of workbooks, datasets and supporting PDFs will be provided after the masterclass
- Preparation materials: Free 2-hour video crash course will be provided to beginner-level users. They need to complete this before attending the masterclass.
A brief agenda:
- Quick introduction to modern Excel charting.
- Morning session: 5 common types of business charts and how to create them:
- Budget vs. Actual charts: Compare planned amounts, values with actual.
- Then vs. Now charts: Understand how things have changed between two points in time.
- Communicating trends: Use sparklines, conditional formatting to elegantly show the trends
- Interactive maps: Create geographical maps to show what is going on
- Forecasting: Look at historical patterns and make time-series forecasting.